University Applications (Introduction on Cambridge International-④)

Other articles in this series:

・Introduction on Cambridge International-①

・Cambridge Pathway (Introduction on Cambridge International-②) 

・Cambridge International and IB (Introduction on Cambridge International-③) 

Entering a university from an international school is broadly divided into either going to a university in Japan or going to a university overseas. Most international schools do not fall under the educational institution category (such as Japanese kindergartens, elementary schools, junior high schools, high schools) written in Article 1 of School Education Law. Therefore, instead of being certified by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) in Japan, students need to obtain an international certification as a high school diploma in order to be accepted by universities in Japan and around the world.

Entering Japanese Universities

Most international school students apply to universities using the September entry. However, since most programs start from April in Japanese universities, some international school students take the university entrance exams to enter in April.

MEXT states that just like the CIS school students, applicants with Cambridge International A Levels are also eligible for university admission. Please also refer to the MEXT Q & A (Q6 for Cambridge).

MUSASHI International International School
2002年に設立された東京都三鷹市にあるムサシインターナショナルスクール東京(MIST)は、小学校から高校に至るまでケンブリッジ国際認定を受けているケンブリッジ国際認定一貫校です。 私達は良心的な授業料で高品質な国際教育を提供し、生徒を意欲的で生涯にわたる学習者に育てることを約束します。 〒181-0013 東京都三鷹市下連雀9-7-14 TEL:0422-57-6887 (9:00-17:00)